Monday, May 05, 2008

why saturday was the best day of my life:

1. I moved into my new (and awesome) apartment!
2. I bought a new (and awesome) bike. Its a vintage Schwinn and its yellow and zippy.
3. My dad bought Reichle & I lunch at McCools where we attempted to drink mint juleps and watch the kentucky derby (However, McCools doesn't serve mint juleps and the derby hadn't started yet. Oh well, I still got a French Dip out of the deal.)
4. I magically got into the Tim and Eric show for $14 (6 dollars under face value).
5. Ran into my good pal Jeremiah after the Tim & Eric show, and he bought me a PBR at the Backstage...where we saw Tim and Eric having beers with Stephen Malkmus and one of the guys from the Shins. (Side note: I've had "Think about your dad" stuck in my head for days now.)

The sun has been shining in Portland, and that is a beautiful thing! I adore the area I live in, and Danielle called my room "magical". I live next door to Dave, and joey, and Chris...and they are some of my favorite people in the world. I've been drinking boatloads of iced espresso, which is just grand.

All in all, I'm just beginning to feel settled. I'm getting the hang of the job, I'm getting more involved with Truly a Polar Bear, I'm working with the Somalis on a regular basis, and Tick Talk Radio is going well. I keep busy, this much is true.

Oh, and we've been hanging out with this crazy/amazing family. The father is Indian, the mom is American. Their daughters are absolutely gorgeous, and I am just taken with their 6 year old, Arunika. She's tiny with huge brown eyes, long black ringlets, and she's missing her two front teeth. The kid is just mesmerizing. When you hear her story about how they had to kill their "wooster" because he was fighting with the other "wooster" you'll know what I mean. And the mom makes amazing Dahl and Lamb Korma and I drank buckets of home made Mango Lassi.

Lastly, thank you for all the reading suggestions! Its so lovely to actually have time and energy to read. I have quite the list, so it may take me awhile to get to some of them...but I really do appreciate the input.

Good night,
Lindsay

1 comment:

amber said...

suzanne saw tim and eric also, i'll bet you guys were at the same place! i was in long beach on sunday and i thought about you. i miss you friend.