Sunday, November 16, 2008

On love & coffee.

On Saturday morning, I slept in.
I snuggled with Penelope for a while, basked in the sunlight, and I lazily exited my bed at 10:30 am or so. I got ready in a flash, grabbed an apple, and biked up to the Albina Press for a little morning cappy from Nich.

What I received from Nich was this:





And, that right there about sums up my weekend.

There were a lot of bicycles, a lot of coffee, a lot of sunshine, and a lot of love. It was a lazy and peaceful weekend. The air was crisp, the leaves have turned and have nearly all fallen. Penelope even seems happier than usual. I watched documentaries and ate pizza with new friends, I got more than 8 hours of sleep (2 nights in a row!), and I've averaged 3 coffee beverages a day.

This morning, Candyce and Nich and I all ate at the waffle window (I had mine with huckleberries and lemon Curd, Nich's had basil, bacon and brie on it and we all split a pumpkin pie waffle - they were SO good.), we dropped by the Albina Press to get a cup of joe, we attended service at Imago. Then Nich and I took Nolte on a walk, then we biked over to Stumptown for more coffee. Lastly, we came home and squeezed in an episode of Battlestar before Nich had to go to work. This was all before 2 o'clock!

I am not ready for the magical weekend to end.
The big boss man from London will be at work tomorrow, which means my job will be under more scrutiny than usual and I have to dress in "business clothes". Sigh.

For a moment, I forgot all of my woes. I forgot that I am poor and that I am tired and that I feel helpless and that the doctor's can't seem to figure out what's wrong with me. For the weekend, I enjoyed the people that I love. And that was rather nice. This is a life long struggle, I know - to find contentment in the place Christ has me. I am grateful for so many things. Some days I just forget.

No comments: