Friday, February 24, 2006

a new kind of homesick.

I know I have been writing in blips and lists as of late, and for that I apologize. I'm a busy little bee, ok?

but, quickly, I will meditate on things of the past.

I think I miss the good old days. The days of the Triniti and our world domination and sporadic dance parties and El Patio. I am homesick for an era, if that is possible. I feel so far from that. so adult. I love my life and my apartment and my job and my group of friends. its just different than before. Ever since I stayed the night at Becca's and we drank champagne and looked at her pictures I have felt this inexplicable twinge of nostalgia. I even recall bemoaning (in my overly nostalgic state) "Those were better times".

tis true - Bob Dylan said it best: "The times are a' changin"
But, the times aren't better or worse.
they've just simply changed. and for a control freak like myself, I suppose I welcome change with wary arms.

5 comments:

Matt Pool said...

Here Here!

rosie said...

Linds,
I completely understand this idea of missing a "time". It makes you think real hard about appreciating each period in your life, bacause maybe in 5 years you'll miss right now. I am always achey for Suzanne and Amber, that's what good best friends will do to ya. take care.

Linna said...

i dont think i could have said it any better.
i miss you.
this is only a time in our lives.
hopefully this isn't forever.

Anonymous said...

yeah, i've been feeling that for the past year. but i've been living in someone's parents house, which allows me to pay for things, but it adds a whole other layer of depression. pleeeeeese let this be a passing moment.

i miss having you guys together too.

Anonymous said...

get used to it kid. this is the rest of your life.