Wednesday, June 20, 2007

SEE YOU SOON(ISH)

Tomorrow morning.
6:15 am.
I will officially be en route to Kampala, Uganda.

I've been preparing for months, and I can't say I'm entirely ready.

But I'm excited. And scared (but more excited than scared).

I'll do my best to post a couple times while over there - but NO promises. I have a feeling internet access will be scarce at best.

So, I'll leave you with fun Wikipedia facts about Uganda. That'll have to tide you over until I get back.

*Uganda is home to the Nile River
*The most widely spoken language is Luganda
*Uganda became and independent nation in 1962
*In 1966, the Prime Minister of Uganda overthrew the President- establishing a tradition of coups and overthrows.
*Idi Amin took power in 1977 and his rule cost Uganda around 300,000 lives.
*Their currency is the Ugandan shilling

I'm sure I'll have a few more fun facts when I get back, and alas, that is all for now.

I leave you with this benediction:

"The amazing grace of our master Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with us all."

Now go in that grace.

1 comment:

mexicandyce said...

holy smokes i love my sisters!
i am ridiculously proud of you linds, and i will say hi to uganda for you when i arrive.