Saturday, June 09, 2007

UPDATE:

Not so sure it was the shots that made me feel horrible?

Maybe I"m just sick? Really, stupidly, sick.

Whatever the case, I'm in the throes of full-blown illness. When I laugh, I sound like a 70 year old smoker (Its not so much a laugh, but a wheeze...).

Side note: My parents left for Nulato, Alaska today and they will have no means of contacting the outside world for a week. Considering I leave for Uganda in a little over a week and that I'm fairly ill - I found little comfort in the fact that I'm parentless for a week. You could say I had a "minor" meltdown when the realization hit me. But, then I had some iced Chai from Vientos y Aguas and Kelly bought me tennis shoes for Africa...and I'm back to better (Planet Unicorn quote? yes.).

All of that to say: its getting down to the wire. I have a lot to do, and a little time to do it. I've got funds to raise, mosquito repellent to buy, and suitcases to pack.

But you know what?
I'm gonna be OK. Because I'm supposed to go to Africa.
And that's that.

P.S. Happy Birthday Becca (aka LP). I love you to bits.

1 comment:

danielle said...

okay, earth to lindsay. you get to go to africa.
i think you are the luckiest little girl in the whole wide world.