Monday, December 17, 2007

Holy smokes, what a busy week.

I thought my week was bad, and then the weekend was worse. I threw a dance/Christmas party on Friday night, volunteered at an 826 LA Party on Saturday night, and saw Magic Lantern on Sunday night. In between those things I baked a triple batch of shortbread, finished my Christmas shopping, played Balderdash with the Bryants, went to church, went to the WESC sample sale (and got a winter coat!) and managed to get most of the roommate Christmas cards mailed out.

(Side note: for those of you who don't know, 826LA is Dave Eggers non-profit organization that focuses on tutoring kids in Creative Writing. They just opened a new tutoring center and Time Travel Store in Echo Park on Saturday, and I was fortunate enough to be the bartender for the event.)

Highlights:

1. Meeting Dave Eggers. Having Dave Eggers personally thank me for volunteering with 826LA. Having Dave Eggers remember who I was later in the night and thank me again.

2. Serving Edward Norton a Ginger Ale. Having Edward Norton apologize to me profusely for only having Canadian money.

3. Pictures with Santa at the Magic Lantern show - I got the latest Cure album on Vinyl as my gift! And th' Lantern sounded awesome.

4. Giving Jenny Lewis a pep talk before she went onstage, as she was terribly nervous. She's really little and really nice.

Lowlights:
1. Knowing that Jason Bateman was at the 826 LA event, but never seeing his lovely face.

2. I got an average of 5 hours a sleep a night. Result: I'm sick. ug.

Overall, an amazing weekend.
I AM SO TIRED.
Thankfully, Portland is just around the corner.
I'm out of here on Thursday, kiddos!

1 comment:

chad said...

all i'm saying is that if i'm ever within a mile of jason bateman, i'm not doing anything else until i kiss his beautiful face and thank him for michael bluth. on a side note: ginger ale? wow, i'm so re-disillusioned by hollywood (but in a whole different way than normal).