Saturday, December 22, 2007

PLANES, TRAINS, AND MORE PLANES

Can you guess what state I was in on Thursday, Dec. 20th?

a. California
b. Oregon
c. Idaho
d. Washington

Well...
...

This was a trick question.

The answer was "e", for "all of the above".

In an airline debacle that I will not soon forget, I was routed from LAX to San Jose (CA), to Boise ID, to Seattle WA, to Portland OR. All in one glorious day. I woke up at 3:30 am, was supposed to be Portland by 10:30 am and didn't get into Oregon til 4pm. I was very tired and VERY fussy by the time I arrived. Oh, and they managed to break one of the wheels off my bag.

However, beer and wine is free on Horizon flights. So that was awesome. But I didn't figure out that perk til the very last flight I was on. Bummer.

Anyway, I made it. And I'm quite happy to be here. I've already been snow-shoeing, thrift store shopping (got some great martini glasses), I've cuddled with the kitten, cuddled with baby bunnies, baked sugar cookies, and slept a lot. Oregon is awesome.

No comments: