Friday, June 06, 2008

antioxidating

In an attempt to be healthy & hydrated, I am forcing myself to drink buckets of green tea every day.

I'm horrible at drinking water, and I just realized how terrible Vitamin Water actually is for me. All that sugar and artificial coloring makes me feel lied to and alone.

So, green tea it is.
But, the thing is...I kindof hate it. It has a bitter aftertaste and when I drink it I feel like I am chewing on grass. And I don't particularly like the taste of grass.

But, alas! I think that Trader Joe's Blueberry Green Tea (with real blueberry juice) has saved the day. Its delicious and nutritious. I'd still MUCH rather be drinking a triple iced espresso, but for now my little blueberry drink will do.

However, it is now officially the start of the weekend, and there are no rules on weekends and I am going to go get myself a cup of coffee.

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

ms. tea said...

good for you! i am not the biggest fan of plain green tea but i have had some flavors that are really great:

TJ's Jasmine Green (I drink at least a cup of this daily)

The Republic of Tea Jerry Garcia Sage Green Tea - has nice sagey flavor without being too herbal.

Anything that calls itself sushi-house style green tea

as to the bitterness, try not to steep it too much, you dont have to steep green tea nearly as long as black, 1 min should be enough. and many green teas are improved by adding honey or honey powder (available at korean markets)

ooh another good for you tea i really enjoy is Barley Tea. I just got some, will send you some bags, text or email me your new address.