Tuesday, March 10, 2009

the best things about planning a wedding.
1. Knowing that I'm getting married in a little over 100 days.
2. Registering (and consequently finding out that I am obsessed with the color teal.)
3. Looking forward to joining the 10 syllable name club. Lind-say-Anne-Strann-i-gan -Eal-y-Eld-er. Count em, its 10. (Erica is also in this club. Are you?)
4. Watching Nich try to bond with my cat. He tries so hard, and she will not give of her love.
5. Looking up hotels & honeymoon spots. Dreaming of things we can't afford.
6. Looking up apartments that we love, and dreaming of buying houses we can't afford.
7. Getting in touch with old friends, geeking out with my girls on colors and dresses and ideas.
8. Looking at dresses and accessories and shoes and make up! Gosh, its fun to be a girl.

the worst things about planning a wedding.
1. The lack of sleep
2. The wedding nightmares (I had one nightmare and it was the day of the wedding, but time had magically passed and I hadn't been able to invite anyone and I didn't fit in my dress and I didn't have a veil and I was crying and begging my dad to postpone the ceremony but he wouldn't. It was tragic).
3. The teeth clenching
4. The dieting / joining 24 hour fitness
5.The budgeting

The list could go on, I suppose.
But I actually don't hate all of those things (I do like the exercise and don't mind the budgeting too much). I thrive under pressure. I'm an event planner, for crying out loud!

But...truth be told, the one thing that stinks about planning this wedding is a slight feeling of loss. There are so many people whom I love, yet who I don't have here by my side. I miss my girls (Taylor and Brandon are included in the 'girls' section). I miss the people that know me best. Portland is home now, and I love it dearly. But I dont think I'll ever find such good girl friends again. I am grateful for all of you, and I just wish you were closer!

So, thank you friends who are far away. Even though you are far, I still feel your love and support and excitement. And I know you'll all be here on the big day...and my plan is to sell you on Portland, make you fall in love with the city, and then you'll never leave. Such a good plan!

1 comment:

Linna said...

come all the hell and high water - i love you, linds