Sunday, February 22, 2009

ST. LOUIE!



I am in St. Louis!
I hadn't seen Becca (my besty) for one and a half years and so Nich and I decided to make the trek out to St. Louis for Mardi Gras weekend. And let me just say, it is so good to be here.
Mike and Kelly are here too!
We braved Mardi Gras on Saturday. It was 20 degrees (at best) and windy and there were lots of drunk people trying to spill their beers all over me. We got a beer or two, a string of beads, and some Jambalaya before deciding that we weren't really the mardi gras type . So we went and ate Pizza and fried raviolis and just hung out at Becca and Darren's apartment.
Yesterday we went to Becca and Darren's church (Darren was in full gear, with his black shirt and white collar. it was great). We also tromped around the City Museum for a few hours....that place is INSANE. And by insane, I mean awesome. There are caves to explore, a 7 story slide (it was slightly terrifying) and hours of endless fun and things to climb on and jump off, etc. Nich was in heaven. Most of us came out with bruises and very sore muscles (I think we are too big or old for some of these activities?). I gashed my shin but it was worth it. I mean, its a 'museum' that lets you run around like a crazy person! Awesome! Then we went and saw the infamous Arch. As nich put it: "I take back everything I ever said about the Arch." It is massive and beautiful and glorious and I had no idea how cool it really was. The tours to the top of the arch were sold out, but I am secretly glad because they looked terrifying.

After all this activity, we were exhausted. So we came home and I made black bean chili and we watched the Oscars (Yay for Slumdog Millionaire!). Twas a good time for all.

And, today is our last day here. I believe we are going to the Zoo (its free!) and we are going to eat some St Louis BBQ tonight and then go to a Chocolate martini bar. I am so excited!

St. Louis has surprised me on a number of different levels. It really is a beautiful city and there a lot of fun things to do. The architecture is gorgeous, and the city is full of old buildings, and character, and parks, and arches (ok, just one arch.). I really like it here. And, of course, it has done my heart a lot of good to be with old friends. These are some of the best people I know! So here's to best friends, and fiancees, and good old Saint Louie.

2 comments:

rebecca said...

I miss you!! HAD FUN LP!

dmh said...

Buh-skoose me?
It was fun to host your visit to the Lou. Glad you had a good time. It was great to finally meet yo man and to catch up.
Word.