Sunday, February 01, 2009



So, its been awhile.
I haven't had much motivation to write, though I feel like I have a lot to write about.
The picture of Laura above is one of the few pics I got back from my first roll of film I took on my new Diana camera. Sadly, a lot of the photos didn't turn out (I'm new to lomography), but there are a few gems. I like this one a lot.

I got salmonella poisoning from celery and peanut butter. Or at least I think I did. I ate the stuff and then threw up for the next few days. So, make of that what you will.

And, here it is, the first day of February. A month into the new year. I didn't do a big new year's blog or anything, and I never posted my bests of 2008. But I don't really feel the need to. 2008 was a good year for my soul, and a bad year for music. There were a few good films (Slumdog Millionaire, Man on Wire, Happy Go Lucky, The Wrestler), so I guess there's that.

But, really, I suppose I didn't feel the need to share because things are good. I'm happy here. Penelope is currently fast asleep on my feet (she keeps me warm in the winter, its rather nice of her), and I will wander up to the Albina Press in a few moments to get a glorious espresso beverage from the man I love. Lost is back on (and is amaaaaaazing). Battlestar is back on (and is good, but nothing is ever as good as Lost. ever.). Nich and I even joined a shuffleboard league. Does that make us old people? Or awesome? Or maybe a little of both?

In any case, as far as I can tell, 2009 is going to trump 2008. And that's hard to do, considering 2008 was a pretty good year.
I am excited for the future. There are good things to come.

3 comments:

Candyce Napoleon said...

i just really love you.

KMOB said...

i can haz more bloggins plez!

rebecca said...

I needs a ring post