Tuesday, April 26, 2005

units.

I like to break up my day into units.
And sometimes I like to think that I am very much like the guy in About a Boy because I get paid to do nothing and so I fritter about my day with the most menial of tasks. And I book bands that don't pay me. So, yes, I feel very much like About a Boy.(Exceptions: I am not an ass, I don't get my hair carefully dishevelled, my dad didn't make it big writing a Christmas jingle, and I really have no interest in dating single parents).

1. walk to starbucks. drink cappuccino. complete the daily crossword (yes I am awesome.) > 3 units
2. conference call with Drew and Jeremiah (booking purposes) > 2 units
3. putzing about myspace > 4 units
4. Booking emails/phone calls > 5 units
5. Teeth whitening (again) > 2 units
6. Post office/bank > 1 unit (I hate both of these errands very much)
7. re-ordering the netflix list > .5 units
8. trying on vintage dresses at Time after Time > 1 unit
9. Finish zip code madness > 1 unit
10. Talk to my actual boss, (you know, for my actual job) > .5 units

3 comments:

ms. tea said...

oooh this is fun. (are units half hours?)

1. get ready for work > 1 unit
2. morning commute> 2 units
3. work > 18 units
A) units performed simultaneously with work:
1) getting into a fight on bubbs: 4 units
2) putz around on myspace as myste >.5 units
3) putz around on myspace as jo-jo > 1 unit
4) shop for a new car >4 units
5) read boingboing and cockeyed >.5 units
6) combined time to make/eat breakfast and lunch >4 units
7) email people in foreign countries > 1 unit
8) do online quizzes/read and respond to other people's blogs > 3 units

4. afternoon commute > 2 units
5. evening walk through my neighborhood or watering plants on rooftop garden > 2 units
6. netflix or sex and the city > 2 units
7. eating wine, bread, oil & vinegar >1 unit
8. taking a bubble bath (the only thing on my list the hugh does too)>1 unit

yeah mines not nearly as fun or similar to About a Boy as yours. it really is kind of depressing when i see it all there in front of me.

ps. be my netflix friend!

Do you remember when I said...

Do you clean your "units?" You know for hygenic purposes? You should. It doesn't take that many units to give all of them a good scrubbing.

lindsay anne said...

mystifier: amazing. you did the units breakdown and I love you for it. no worries, my units show how much of a fat lush I am.

do you remember when I: that question is far too personal. I'm not telling about how clean my units are.