Sunday, August 13, 2006

its good to be back

Its been 8 months since I've been in Portland. I'm nearly 24 hours into my week-long stay and already I feel better.

I sometimes wonder if there will always be this struggle. The friends in California vs. the family in Portland. The job in CA vs. the quality of life in Portland. There are so many other pros and cons -- the list goes on...

Truthfully, I think that either place will always hold a little bit of my heart.

I just don't know which place will win out in the end.

For now, its California. But, Portland is calling. I know I will be back someday. I just don't know when.

3 comments:

rebecca said...

give me two years and we will move together.. maybe, lets just say we will ...ok two years and no more nasty traffic.. if you find a good lutheren church up there for me that would be nice
:)

ms. tea said...

yes in a couple of years maybe you can have your friends in portland...and eat them too!

shawnalyne said...

Becca, there's a areally cool Lutheran church just down the road. They have a cell tower on their property that they made into a giant cross.
Lindsay, move up here, telecommute and hang out with your friends on-line. Beauty plan, eh?