Friday, August 25, 2006

my other 2/3's

Becca and Linda just called me from Vienna, Austria.
Gosh, I love those girls.
Sometimes I wonder if it will ever be us three again. You know, like the good old days.
Probably in little snippets. Not 4 straight years of roommate-ness.
I guess that's all part of growing up.
Really, I just think I am grateful to have friends like them.
I know, I know, I am getting all sentimental.
But Linda and Becca are really, truly, the best.
My sisters and I had the discussion while I was home -- that no one really gets the Strannigan sisters until we are together. And then everyone sort of marvels. All our oddities and expressions and inside jokes somehow make sense in light of each other.

I feel the same way about the Triniti. We just get each other. They understand my obsessive-compulsive need for communication and the way I relate most life experiences through text messages ("And then he texted me this. and then I texted him this..."). I get that Linda is a zombie for the first 15 minutes of being awake (and this is accompanied by STOMPING). And I get Becca's obsessive-compulsive need to worry (and her occasional bouts of road rage).

I hope that you (oh person reading this) have someone(s) that relate to you on this level.
It really is a lovely thing.

No comments: