Saturday, November 11, 2006

I need you so much closer.

"Will you promise me that you'll still love what you loved when you left?" - Denison WItmer

(I've been listening to obscene amounts of Denison Witmer. You can go to www.happybirthdaydenison.com and get 30 free songs. its his present to YOU for his 30th birthday. i love it.)

Well, folks, its been a whirlwind.
New York was a nightmarish version of planes, trains, and automobiles. But with less trains and more taxi cabs -- and a lost cell phone, a lot of late nights, too many shows, one cute boy, and a silly hotel that wouldn't let me check in. So i slept in the lobby for a couple hours (I SHOWED THEM!! HA!). That was the real low point of the trip.

There are a lot of stories from New York. If you have the time, we will have coffee and I will tell you these stories. Needless to say, the trip was harrowing (at best). But I am alive -- with the sniffles -- and in California.

I came home to an empty apartment. Kristin is traversing the country in the Cold War Kids can and Amanada is visiting her brother in Virginia. I must admit, for the amount of socialization (and overstimulization) I've had in the last couple weeks, a lonesome and quiet apartment is welcomed. Its so rare these days that I find a little time to myself. I made lists, I made promises -- I had every intention of fostering friendships. And then the music industry ate me up. I went to New York and I bled myself dry. I came back from New York and went to shows on Tuesday, Weds, Thurs, and Friday. I caught a nasty cold, but I put my head down and powered through.

I'm not sure how or when or if things will change. I know I'm only young once and I can have some assurance in knowing that I'm doing what I set out to do. I don't know what's next, but I hope its a bit slower-paced.

The holidays are rapidly approaching, and this means rest. And family. And food. I think that is just what the doctor ordered.

So, I am sorry for the strain of seemingly depressing and unrelated depressing tidbits of information. I'm Ok, I really am. Its 11:11 on a saturday night and I am left with my thoughts and a bottle of Chuck Shaw. Make a wish, eh?

And yes, Danielle, the title is for you. I need you so much closer. You know what I mean.

1 comment:

danielle said...

good grief. what a blog. thanks for making me cry. eleven days!