Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A few things to share; a list is in order.



(JON BRION)

1. Happy new year to me, I'm an insomniac again .I do not sleep. At all. And, if I do sleep, my mind runs in tiny little circles and overthinks meangingless things and dreams meangingless dreams. Case in point: last night, I spent the entire night dreaming about being in a supermarket. Yes, a supermarket. I don't recall the point or nature of the dream, just that it was terribly frustrating and I woke up utterly exhausted -- as if I hadn't slept a wink. The night before, however, proved to be more entertaining. I dreampt that I was dating Jon Brion. I don't remember much about the dream except the ridiculous bragging rights that I had with my friends. I just kept saying over and over "Guys, I can get you into Largo ANY Friday night you want!". Oh, and I had my own special table in the front of Largo. That was pretty cool.

2. After a long and thoughtful discussion with Matt M., I've decided to read the Bible cover to cover. He's made it to Deuteronomy and is still really enjoying it, and encouraged me to do the same. I'm 2 chapters into Genesis, so I don't have much to say on the subject....YET...but I am pretty excited about this. Its going to take awhile.

3. I discovered www.Elbo.ws. It changed my life. There is so much music to be had on that site. Just today I got Neko Case (live in Austin), Elvis Perkins, Low, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Beirut, and much more. Go to the site, please, and have your fill.

4. Amber and I are starting a book club. Currently, we are reading John Steinbeck's "In Dubious Battle:. I just started tonight -- well, truthfully, I plan to start as soon as I am done writing this here blog.Next up, "What is the What" by Dave Eggers. Holler if you want to join.

5. My mom called and Micah's funeral went well, her time with her family was amazing, and she says she has stories to tell. Thank you all very much for praying.

1 comment:

Linna said...

I have recently decided to read Chronicles the both of them as a matter of fact. I remember when I was a tot the ever so long list of names was nothing more than a nose picking bore, amazingly I have never been so fascinated by huge ancestorial trees of Kings names leading to Christ. I hear part two is less names and more mayhem!!

Maybe I will join you and maust on this advantageous endeavor....only out of order!