Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Years Eve, 06.

This is one of the better New Years Eve celebrations that I can remember.

My good friend from high school, Justin, happened to be in town for New Years Eve. I was excited to have him in town -- he's a good friend AND I got a built in date out of the deal.

We made sushi for Cameron, Erica, Amanda and Dan. We drank Sake and green tea, ate edamame and miso soup -- and I gotta hand it to Justin, our hommade sushi was GOOD.

Then, Camerica, Justin and I headed up to the Biltmore hotel in Los Angeles for drinks. We got dressed up and prepared for the swankiest New Years Eve EVER. But, much to our chagrin, when we arrived we found that all the swanky bars were closed for private parties. We were told that we could enjoy a beverage in the Sports Bar, which was simply not going to cut it. So, we crashed a wedding instead. We saw the wedding (it was gorgeous) and the bar was right there -- in front of us. No guards, no ropes, no special wrist bands. So I charged the bar, got myself a Gray Goose cosmo and got the heck out of there (so as not to get caught). I felt awesome.

We attempted to go to a secret party at a Speakeasy after that, but there was a scary man pretending to be a parking lot attendant who wanted to take our money (and he had thug friends) so we left. We ended up at the Hilton (across the street from the Biltmore.) and we had a grand old time. We got a free round of shots (for no apparent reason), there were party poppers galore and we watched the ball drop with a number of other LA bar-goers.

We came home to Myste, Katie, Kristin, and Amanda -- who were watching Dirty Dancing. I was thoroughly exhausted (as I'd been up since 4 am) and went to bed (after eating a delicious spanikopita that Kristin made me).

All in all, a successful evening. See for yourself:
(and yes, I am balancing a christmas tree on my head in one of them. woot woot!)








2 comments:

ms. tea said...

i would post pictures of new years eve but they would all look like airports

danielle said...

goodness you look gorgeous.