Monday, January 08, 2007

My cousin Micah passed away this week.
I was told that he was murdered, though no one can be sure at this point. His body was found in a river in Alabama a few days ago and the authorities are still investigating his exact cause of death.

I didn't know him terribly well, but I'm still relatively shaken up by this event. My parents flew out to Kansas City yesterday, as my dad is doing the funeral.

My mom wrote about it, and does a better job than I could ever do -- so if you want to read more about it, you can: www.shawnalyne.blogspot.com.

One thing I find interesting in all of this is that it will be the first time my mom's whole family will be under one roof since her mom passed away (which was long before I was born). Many of them do not know Jesus, and so I am praying that this will be a time of healing and a time of discovering the love of Christ. if you think of it, please pray for my mom, my aunt Shannen (Micah's mother) and their whole family. And pray for my dad, that his words will bring grace, peace, and understanding to a hurting family.

thanks.

No comments: