Friday, March 23, 2007



"Happy As A Bird In The Early Morning"

I am the lucky owner of a Norwegian trivet (a square tile that you place a hot pan or dish on) that says these delightful words. And, for no particular reason, the other day I took notice of the cute little trivet. I've been thinking about those words ever since.

Happy as a bird in the early morning -- it has such a nice ring to it.

Along the same lines, I've been listening to a song called 'Quiet as a Mouse' on repeat this week. Honestly, I can't stop. its very strange, as I'm not normally a fan of song overkill. However, this one is the exception. And there's this line in the song that says "When I awoke, I felt love and life and hope infesting my bones."

There is nothing terribly profound about either statement I've listed here. But I like them. The words stand out to me. Maybe its because I want to wake up every day with a sense of hope and love and life. Or maybe its because I've actually woken up feeling happy this week.

Whatever the case may be, I do know that God is at work. Like Danielle so aptly said in her last post; there is a river of truth that runs underneath everything. And no matter where I go, or what I do, that there is truth - even on Norwegian trivets. :)

I'm setting my alarm a little early for the morning. My hope is to wake up, have a good cup of coffee (Peets Kona), do some quality reading (the book of Genesis and Steinbeck), have quality Penelope time, and...to be happy as a bird.

1 comment:

rosie said...

I like this bird. i like this post. i like you