Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Uganda!



So, I'm going to Uganda this summer.

I will be going with a team of people from my parents church in Oregon -- and we will be partnering with Christian Life Church in Kampala, Uganda. We'll be setting up a medical clinic, bringing supplies, building a multi-purpose room, and conducting a VBS for the kids. The tenative dates of the trip are June 21 - July 9th.

I'm currently in the process of getting my visa and all my shots and vaccines -- and somehow this all doesn't really seem real to me (yet).

I had a really hard time with the decision whether or not to go. I'd be using up ALL my vacation days for the entire year -- and with the job I have its quite difficult to take a few days off -- let alone take a few weeks off. I waited until the last possible minute to make my decision, and I was a bit of a basket case because I had to figure out my plans in a matter of 8 hours. I thought about it, prayed about it, worried about it, etc -- and then I got this text message from a friend:

"Go to Uganda. Life will figure itself out."

Granted, many of my friends had been saying the same thing in many different ways -- but the truth of those words struck me. It will all work out. It always does.

So, that's my big news!

I honestly can't wait to go...I know that God is at work in Africa and I am privileged just to be a very very small part of it. Please keep me in your prayers as I prepare for this trip!

Let me know if you are interested in more details of my trip -- I'd love to tell you all about it. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! can't wait to see you and hear all about it. you should take penelope... or just give her to me intead.

rosie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rosie said...

Yes to Uganda.
Yes to fishing...I'm totally serious. I'm done with school in 16 months, then skippers beware

mexicandyce said...

i guess i will see you in Uganda.