Wednesday, September 28, 2005

back in the U.S.S.R

yeah that's right.
I am officially the representative of the USSR for myste's party on Friday.

anyone got any communist clothing I can borrow? because I got nothin. my sister in oregon has boatloads of this type of thing . but she's in oregon, and that is no good to me now. I'd ask her to fed ex it...but she won't. :)

so, I will try to track me down a red sash and a furry cap. and maybe a hammer and sickle.
and I got a bottle of russian vodka to bring as a party favor. (because I have no time to make perogi's or stroganoff or beets or anything like this. and vodka is the only other russian thing I can think of.)


in other news: I got asked to book a tour for fielding and the cold war kids (for spring). this has many, many strange implications to it - but mostly that I was sort of "hanging out" in a non-platonic way with one of the guys in fielding and we aren't really hanging out anymore but now I find myself booking a tour for his band. I know, I know, I bring it upon myself.

SO...
you should come out to the cold war kids/fielding/careen show that I put together at the Gig in LA on tuesday (10/4) and watch me self-destruct. No, really, I want you all there. mostly because if I don't get 60 people there I am dead. and its only 5 bucks.

MY LIFE IS WORTH 5 BUCKS TO YOU, RIGHT?

6 comments:

ms. tea said...

хороший день. я буду видеть Вас в пятницу

ms. tea said...

также я рад, что Вы нашли пушистую шляпу

Anonymous said...

i've got lots of cool russian stuff - call me.

The Talbot Family said...

I love your posts.
It’s like the narration to a good comedy.
But the only soviet kitsch I’ve got is... well I don't have any.

lindsay anne said...

oh anonymous, don't go doin that to me!

and talbots, thank you ever so kindly for the favorable blog review.

nina said...

your life is worth five bucks to me, however, it would be at least five hundered in gas to drive down. let me know when they're coming to redding. thats right, you know who to call!