Thursday, October 06, 2005

a first.

so after the show at the gig on Tuesday I called 911 for the first time in my life.

there was a big pile of trash that was on fire in the alley across the street from the venue. there were actually 2 separate fires (one in this silver pot, and one that was the pile of trash). the light was on in the building attached to the alley. when I called 911, Patrick (from Careen) somehow found a hose and started spraying the fire. and the lights in the building went off.

the firemen came and we had mostly put out the fire. they opened the door to the building (it was unlocked) but no one was there. they asked us a few questions and thanked me for calling.

I guess it was arson. not a big deal, really.
but it was a first. I called 911.

there was much, much more to that night (just your garden variety " your teenage idol is now single and sitting close to you on the couch" stuff) but its all too tiring to think about. I am just ready to get caught up on life this weekend. And doing my laundry will be like therapy for my soul.

4 comments:

nina said...

this is so sad (and by sad i mean pathetic) but i think i have called 911 at least 5 times in my life.

Sycz said...

911 is my number

Anonymous said...

you need to call your sister asap. oh, and fyi--teenage idols always age badly.

ms. tea said...

yeah i have called 911 quite a few times, mostly because i have witnessed car accidents or fires. once because of a car accident i was in.