Monday, December 05, 2005

free love on the free love freeway

AS OF TODAY, I AM A FREE WOMAN.

I gave my two weeks notice. I am officially unemployed. and I LOVE it. I'd explain to why I am leaving, but its long and complicated -- but it basically boils down to a personality conflict and the fact that I am tired of being tired and stressed all the time. I want my life back.

So, I have a few other job opportunities -- ones that I am rather excited about -- and I will keep you posted as I figure out what's next. For now, i am going home for Christmas.

And, I am going to be taking care of Taylor again for the first half of January. Her mom relapsed and has to go into treatment for a year. I am just going to help them with the first few transition weeks. It happens to fall at a really keen time for me, since I was already going to quit my job. And I get to be in Portland for a few weeks longer, so I am not complaining.

In other news, I quit drinking today. Dave Price and I made a pact. I told him that I would not drink a drop as long as he wont drink a drop. This started today. I dont know how long he'll last (because I can last as he can. Thats the thought, anyway) - but I will stick it out with him.

And, yesterday, I talked with an old friend for the first time in awhile. things were a little 'off' with our friendship, but I think we're on the road to recovery.

So, just like that - its a new day. A light has dawned. Honestly, I feel like a different person. I am ready for this new year and whatever hellish things it may throw at me. After all, I made it through this year in one piece.

So here is to what is yet to come -- may I not die of an ulcer at 25.

2 comments:

ms. tea said...

congrats! hopefully i'll be joining you in a few weeks.

in unemployment land, not in portland, as much as i would love that

Linna said...

No drinks eh? move to bend.....makes it real easy. I had my first beer in forever last night.