Friday, December 02, 2005

My Grown-Up Christmas List

My grown up christmas list: (posted at the prompting of Abbie. so here you go, Ab.)

Unlike Amy Grant, I am not asking for “No more lives torn apart, and that wars will never start. And that everyone would have a friend, and love would never end…”

Nope. I am not asking for that at all. Because that’s cheesy and insincere.

This is what I want for Christmas:

1. Arrested Development Season 2
2. LOST – season 1
3. Johnny Cash “The Man, His World, His Music” DVD
4. The No Direction Home DVD
5. Christmas with Johnny Cash (CD)
6. Coconut Lip Balm (The Body Shop)
7. Burts Bees Tinted Moisturizer (Medium tint)
8. DIG! DVD (Special Edition preferred)
9. A new purse or wallet
10. A functioning record player
11. The Simarillion – by Tolkien
12. Aveda shampoo, conditioner, hair products
13. Elizabeth Arden Green Tea perfume (its cheap and found at any drugstore)
14. Wilco – Kicking Television Live CD
15. For my ipod to work
16. Bob Dylan – Live at the Gaslight CD
17. A marriage proposal from Sufjan Stevens
18. Books. Really, any books (Vonnegut, Salinger, CS Lewis, Jane Austen, anything about Johnny Cash or Bob Dylan or music biographies in general…)
19. Underwear. Cute underwear.
20. A gift certificate to Trader Joe’s.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's a good list!

Sycz said...

you're leaving. so sad. will I ever get to drunkenly hold you again?

lindsay anne said...

yes! Becca already got me a purse, so check that one off the list.

and sycz, I am not leaving. I am going home for Christmas, you crazy.

lindsay anne said...

UPDATES TO THE LIST:
I received Burst Bee's Tinted Moisturizer from Amber.
So cross that one off, people.

And any Spoon albums would be much appreciated. (so that's an addition)

so there you go.

Linna said...

I have been watching LOST and I am soooooo hooked. I have a new series!!!

ms. tea said...

ooh i may have already gotten you something on the list. hooray for good guesses

lindsay anne said...

aww myste, you got sufjan to ask me to marry him? GOOD PRESENT!