Monday, December 26, 2005

top 10 of 2005

1. The White Stripes - "Get Behind Me Satan"
2. Bob Dylan - "No Direction Home Soundtrack"
3. Sufjan Stevens - "Illinois"
4. Wilco - "Kicking Television Live"
5. Spoon - "Gimme Fiction"
6. BRMC - "Howl"
7. Sigur Ros - "Takk"
8. The Kills - "No Wow"
9. Denison Witmer "Are You a Dreamer?"
10. Kanye West - "Late Registration"

notable mentions:
Death Cab, Johnny Cash Legend Series, Joanna Newsom, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Gorillaz.

I feel like I am forgetting quite a few very important discs. But this is what I thought of, off the top o' my head. Tell me what I am missing.

7 comments:

Do you remember when I said...

Scott Stapp's solo monster - The Great Divide

(Mostly addresses the issues he faced when his band Creed broke up, but also a commentary on why his music stands so far apart from what is known as "genuine and good" music.)

noah! said...

decemberists - picaresque

KAMN! said...

sf59 - "talking voice vs. singing voice"

most definitely in the top five best albums of 2005. oh i forgot. none of you guys like them anymore, because you are morons. BRMC is definnnittlly butter. tolly tolly.

The Talbot Family said...

Arcade Fire (was that this year or last?)

Sycz said...

Yes. Arcade Fire - Funeral

And please don't forget the Diamond.

lindsay anne said...

arcade fire was last year. yup.

and I forgot:
Stars "Set Yourself on Fire"
and
Oasis "Don't Believe the Truth"

those were both goooood.

KAMN! said...

BAH


stephen malkmus - "face the truth"