Wednesday, January 25, 2006

party like its 1999.

thanks to my new friends over at William Morris (the proverbial 'man' when it comes to booking) I got in free to the Imogen Heap show at the El Rey last night. I saw David Spade and Julie Delpy. Not a bad live performance, but I was disenchanted with the staggering amount of burly looking females shouting "YOU GO GIRL" during Imogen's set. Sort of a killjoy.

then, we headed over to the Roxy.
and I saw Prince. and he looked exactly like this (I think it was the same jacket)





he was playing guitar and singing backup for "Tamar", his newest protege.
at one point he yelled out onstage "I need ice cream! get me ice cream!"
and then he took off his jacked and unbuttoned his shirt.
I was standing next to Queen Latifah.
what a night.

6 comments:

Matt Pool said...

prince rules. my mom owns the movie "purple rain" on VHS. it's strange that such a man and such a movie evoke for me feelings of nostalgia. -a

danielle said...

name dropper.
yeah in portland the other day i ran into that, um, one homeless guy who always smiles nice at me in front of powell's. it was crazy.

KAMN! said...

i dislike queen latifah very much

Anonymous said...

i was hoping for a bit of something about this night, since we haven't been able to speak about it with voices yet. =) hella celebrities huh

Linna said...

holy hobnobbing.......
rad times

ms. tea said...

you didnt tell me you saw julie delpy. shes probably my second favorite actress.


i'd make out with her