Monday, June 26, 2006

I still look back to my Tanglewood days.

I went downstairs to put my laundry in the dryer.
We had been in the living room for awhile. Old friends, homemade burritos, and Sangria. There were a lot of puns being made. a few songs were even sung.
I walked downstairs for a minute.
Then back up the stairs. I opened the door and looked at my friends.
In a picture perfect (movie-esque) way i looked at them right as Billy Bragg began to sing his tune.
Way over yonder in the minor key.
and I remembered the old days. My tanglewood days. There are so many days and nights and things I have associated with this song. And I started to think about them.
And Amanda turned and looked at me. I stood akwardly in the doorway, staring at my friends with the backdrop of Bragg and Tweedy.
and she asked me "Do you have a memory with this song?"
And as I was hit with thoughts of mixed Cd's and Matt Maust my sisters' band and Jamie being an alt country star and driving out to Las Vegas...and the only answer I could conjour up was "yes. a lot."
To which she said, "Lets make a new one"
And I replied, "Ok. Tell me about this new memory"
And she proceeded to list off the events of the evening. Sangria, burritos, old friends, and a lot of general silliness.
And, I must say, I like the new take on the song. And the next time I hear the song, I will think about this. Maybe I will be lucky enough to be standing akwardly in the doorway in the presence of friends and I can think back to right now - because right now I am happy.

3 comments:

Amanda Siara said...

it's true man, that was a rad moment.

sangrias for fun, sangrias for life.

that's my motto. i've been saying that a lot lately.

ms. tea said...

the first concert i ever went to was at tanglewood. it was the beach boys and i was a child.

Anonymous said...

we also got some free dish towels out of it.

heck yes.