Saturday, July 22, 2006

summer in the city.

Today was a nearly perfect day.
I woke up late, took a long shower and hopped on the subway with Paul and Summer. We met Nick and Shaina in Soho at Cafe Habana for a (late) breakfast. The coffee is fantastic and a dollar. Paul and I split the famous corn (which is to die for...) and I indulge in Huevos a la mexicana.

It was overcast, slightly muggy and we got rained on. I didn' even care. I was wearing my yellow peacock dress and my oversized sunglasses (that I purchased here for four dollars).

After breakfast, the boys parted ways with us. Shaina, Summer and I proceed to wander abut the city. We got iced espressos and visited Nick at American Apparel. Nick gave us a heaping discount and allowed us to buy things that we would never be able to afford.

Then, we mozied over to the Natural History Museum. Summer has an American Museum membership so admission for us was FREE. I saw lions and tigers and bears and koodoos and zebras and YES The Squid and the Whale. I agree with the kid in the movie, it is slightly terrifying.

We took silly pictures in front of dinosaurs and tigers and pretended they were eating our heads. We stayed until the museum closed and they made us leave.

Summer and I took a bus back to her (AMAZING) house on the upper east side. We bought a few groceries and returned home to make a spinach salad and home-made mac n'cheese.

And, here I am. In Summer's gorgeous NY apartment, listening to Tom Petty, waiting for my mac and cheese to be done. I am tired and I am happy.

4 comments:

Linna said...

looking forward to my NY little piece of heaven!

ms. tea said...

i love it.

hot child in the city

rosie said...

You lucky bastard. you're livin' the dream...

Anonymous said...

Hell yes!... and can you believe that this was posted before we went to take pictures in the booth, visited the most awkward party ever and danced the night away in Brooklyn! It was a good day!