Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Home is where the Hosty hangs her hat.

The new apartment is official. We get the keys this weekend!

For the first time in my adult life I will have my own room (except for brief stays at my parents house or the dorms). I honestly can't believe I have shared for this long. I am going on TWENTY FIVE years old, for crying out loud. But, thankfully my time has come. I have a room.

There was a small dilemma as to which room I should take. The master bedroom was tempting, but is more expensive. Personally, I'd rather save a few bucks a month than have the luxury of my own bathroom. Plus, getting my own room AND bathroom at once might be terribly overwhelming. So, now, Kristin and I are left to choose which of the 'regular' bedrooms we want. Mind you, both bedrooms are enormous. The furniture I currently own is enough to fill half of a room, so it will be interesting too how dwarved my things look in the new, BIG, room.

Here's the low down on the rooms: they are equal in size, shape, closet space, etc. However, one room is located in the back of the apartment and one room is directly off of the front room/living room. My heart (and my sleep patterns) are drawn towards the back bedroom, as I am a light sleeper.

But (and this is where YOU, the reader come in) - this is my question. As I am the notorious "hosty" (i.e. entertainer of bands, vagabonds, dinner parties, et al.), should I just bite the bullet and take the front room? This seems to make the most sense. I can't imagine Kristin having over loud and obnoxious late night guests, whereas I seem to make a habit of it. I suppose I should deal with the occasional late night revelry from Kristin and Amanda - knowing that I will most likely be the one to have frequent visitors.

Maybe I have answered my question already?

I think the front bedroom is exchangable for the peace of mind I will receive in having Kristin and Amanda sleep soundly in the back bedrooms next time Sherwood (or Careen, or Man Alive, etc etc) comes to town.

6 comments:

shawnalyne said...

You need your sleep. Take the back room. They can wear ear plugs.

rebecca said...

well I'm going to have to disagree w/ your mum... as a former roommate I think you should take the front.. you will be up the latest anyway, you are as you say the hosty!

Linna said...

Linds-
I have lived with you for many a year
your sleep is light ....WHEN YOU GO TO BED
meaning take the front you are always the last in bed...especially when you have peeps over. I didn't realize becca just wrote the same thing.

not to mention....i took the top bunk for how many years? it is time you take the front room.

I think you know what you need to do.

Do you remember when I said...

Linds - Don't move in.

Matt Pool said...

take the front room because i am going to come over every night and stay up late and be really loud!

KAMN! said...

FRONT ROOM! totallllleeee