Monday, December 18, 2006

2006 pictoral history (aka my recap).



1. This might be my favorite photo of the entire year. Chris and Jules wedding, Sept 16th. Paul and I, shining brightly. Honestly, we look like we're glowing. I'm not sure why, but we do. He's a good friend, and he left for New York today. I will miss him dearly.



2. The 2nd (?) annual White Trash party. Its not really about watching the races, but who can get the most ridiculous costume and throw watermelon rinds in the streets. Honestly, its one of the better theme parties we do. And I must say, my character (Stella) was pretty hot this year. She's a blackjack dealer in Vegas...



3. Halloween. I was Queen Frostine (Candyland), and Amanda was Max from Where the Wild things are. There are a lot of good pics from Halloween, but I like this one for some strange reason. Mainly because it looks like we're in a magical war.



4. I actually really hate this picture of myself. But, if I am recapping 06, I suppose this pic is relevant. I was pretty preoccupied with this fellow for the early part of 06, and he's become a good friend. So, I'll include him here. Plus, this day was really fun. We got to go to Disneyland FOR FREE. And he'd never been (he's from Israel, you know...) and I geek out over getting to take newbies to D-land.



5. Myste's famous Queen Mary birthday bash. Amanda somehow captured a near perfect moment, as Katie yells lord-knows-what, and I struck a showboat pose. Twas a good night, and this might be my favorite photo from the event.



6. So many nights @ the Troubadour. Walking back to the secret parking spot. Brandon, TMG Intern (which I referred to him as long after he was interning for us). He's a good kid. Again, not a great picture of myself, but slightly entertaining.



7. This night started a number of amazing excursions with Camerica and Myste. We took scads of literary-ish photos (our only inspiration being the boat). We drank cocktails on the Queen Mary, sang along with Elvis impersonators -- and birthed the idea for Myste's grand birthday bash. I honestly have no idea what spawned these photos (there is a whole series) but I adore them.



8. Becca's 25th birthday party @ The Red Lion. She was adorably tipsy and Darren got her a myriad of fun toys (see the toy I am holding). I can't tell you how many birthday's we've celebrated at the Red Lion. I love that place.



9. the Ericam (aka Americam or Camerica) wedding. Beautiful people, beautiful wedding. And the first marriage liscence I ever signed. woo hoo!



10. The perfect day (#1) in NYC with Summer and Shaina. We looked at dinosaur bones, we got in for free, we pranced about the city, drank good coffee, and made new friends. I'm pretty sure a hefty discount at American Apparell was part of the magic as well.



11. There aren't many photos of Linda in my album this year, and that's because she doesn't live here anymore. But, I do love this photo. And I loved this night (..."Can I just say, guys?"). Linna, you are truly missed.

2 comments:

ms. tea said...

i am very pleased to have been a part of so many fun and memorable events and photos this year. long live the queen mary!

though i must say i was saddened not to see the best saturday ever listed in your pictoral anthology.

danielle said...

yep, looks like i was a big part of your life this year.