Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I stayed home from work today, due the toothace from hell.
The ache started about 48 hours ago, and no amount of advil will ease the pain. I didn't sleep much last night and I woke up feeling lousy. So, I called in sick. I hate calling in sick. Really, I do.

But, I needed to take a day and rest. So I did.

This is what I did with my sick day:
* Watched 1 episode of Big Love
* read 2 chapters of A Horse and His Boy
* Called my mom
* Caught up on a few work-related emails, one work phone call
* Called Danielle, and had a particularly great talk. I timed the phone call well, and was glad to give some sisterly advice.
* Watched "The Devil and Daniel Johnston"
* Ate lunch
* Drank mint tea
* Went to Target (the only outing of the day) to finish up gifts for Roommate Christmas.
* Baked shortbread cookies (and dipped them in chocolate)
* Wrapped Christmas gifts
* Watched 3 episodes of the OC with Camerica

Overall, I am feeling pretty good. And accomplished. I rested, but wasn't a total slug. I got things done, but didn't over-exert myself. And now, I'm just waiting for the Tylenol PM to kick in.

No comments: