Thursday, December 07, 2006

Top 10 albums of 2006

I've been thinking it over, and here's what I've come up with (in no particular order):

1. Thom Yorke "The Eraser"
2. Cold War Kids "Robbers and Cowards"
3. The Appleseed Cast "Peregrine"
4. Amy Millan "Honey from the Tombs"
5. Johnny Cash "American V: A hundred Highways"
6. Gnarls Barkley "St. Elsewhere"
7. Illinois "LP in Progress"
8. Neko Case "Fox Confessor Brings the Flood"
9. The Decemberists "The Crane WIfe"
10. Band of Horses "Everything All the Time"

Honorable mentions:
Bob Dylan "Modern Times"
Tahiti 80 "Fosbury"
Danielson "Ships"
Destroyer "Rubies"
Grizzly Bear "Yellow House"
The Format "Dog Problems"
Jeremy Enigk "World Waits"
mewithoutyou "Brother, Sister"
Howlin Rain "Howlin Rain"
Magnolia Electric Co "Fading Trials"
My Brightest Diamond "Bring Me the Workhorse"
Regina Spektor "Begin to Hope"
Midlake "The Trials of Van Occupanter"

(I know I'm forgetting a million, so don't crucify me. )

Albums I don't have yet, but the few songs I've heard are brilliant:
1. White Magic
2. Joanna Newsom
3. Beirut
4. Tom Waits - Orphans, etc.
5. Annuals

No comments: