Saturday, March 22, 2008

So, my mom and I's lil Etsy shop is up and running -- and quite adorable, if I do say so myself.
Many props to Myste, who introduced me to Etsy -- and is the ruling queen (in my opinion) on the site.
But, if you have a moment - check out the old STRANTIQUES (yes, I came up with the name myself.)

Secondly, I got one of (if not THE) strangest presents I've ever received from a boy.
I got this present in the mail. It was supposed to be a going away present, but the boy who bought it for me never bothered to get together with me before I moved away. No matter, I had just met him and I think we went out once, maybe twice. If you count mid-afternoon dessert with his best friend. In any case, he asked me for my address so he could send me the going away present. And lo and behold, two days ago I got this in the mail, with this inscription: "Lindsay. To kick start your rock and roll heart."

Yep. I don't get it. I mean, nothing says "I'll miss you" like Motley Crue, right?
Ug.

Still on the job hunt.
Starting to work on a few Truly a Polar Bear Projects.
Starting to get really poor.

But tomorrow is Easter, and Sherwood and Reichle and Candyce and Danielle and Krispin and Linda and MORE will be here.
And as afraid as I am right now (unsure about life, unsure about jobs, etc etc), tomorrow is a celebration.

He is risen, He is risen indeed.
These words ring true, and I know that its going to be ok.
Happy Easter, everyone!

4 comments:

chad said...

i ALWAYS give motley crue related gifts for every occasion...just a little bit about me that you didn't know

ms. tea said...

many thanks, you two are doing quite well i see. your shop is darling!

rosie said...

umm, the very fact that he had the due diligence to put something in the mail box kind of makes him marriage material these days. it's slim pickins' sister. miss you and portland too.

Amanda Siara said...

haha, maybe he saw the motley crew tattoo you have covering your arm.

ps. good work on the etsy naming. proud of you