Friday, October 24, 2008

one o' them movie moments

6:45 am.
Ashley and I are in my car, Albina Press coffee freshly in hand.
Its still dark outside. Its quite cold.
Its Friday, and we are tired from a long week of work and early mornings.
We want to be at the beach already.
I hand Ash my iPod, we are too tired to think. Too tired to pick a tune.
So, we hit shuffle.

And then, like some crazy iPod magic, all was right with the world.
Aretha came on over the stereo and before you know it, Ash and I are singing RESPECT at the top of our lungs and doing jazz hands at all the same parts of the song. SOCK IT TO ME SOCK IT TO ME SOCK IT TO ME.

And then we giggled a lot at our ridiculousness and unplanned, yet coordinated, dance moves.

And I felt like I was in a movie. Maybe Jerry Maguire? (Think Tom Cruise 'Free Fallin') Or Sleepless in Seattle? (Think Meg Ryan singing "harses harses harses"). Whatever movie we were in that moment, it was a good one.

There's nothin like a good cup of joe, roomies, Aretha, and jazz hands at 6:45 on a friday morning.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

i like this post.
thats all.
just wanted to tell ya.

ashypowpow said...

Ahh, you told it is so well. What a great way to start the morning. Love ya, lady Linds. :)

kt said...

So great!

What about the dad in Say Anything... Ricky don't lose that num-ber...