Sunday, August 07, 2005

I got 24 wishes, but a bitch aint one.

in a fit of total self indulgence, I am going to make a birthday wish list.

this is no way obligates anyone who reads this to purchase any of the listed items for me. This is merely a list, if time and money were no object - of things that I would like to have as my posessions. read these things only to gain a better understanding of who I am and the things that haunt me from the shelves of stores saying "purchase me purchase me purchase me even though you should be spending money on practical things like rent...")a perfectly frivolous post.

24 Wishes for my 24th year.

1. Scrubs Season 1
2. The OC Season 1
3. Arrested Development Season 2 (don't know when it comes to DVD, but when it does, mark my words - I WILL OWN IT.)
4. The new white stripes CD (although, a little birdy told me that my youngest sister is purchasing this for me)
5. Neil Young - After the Gold Rush
6. any and all Them CD's (Van Morrison will also do)
7. Any Walkmen CD's
8. Any book by St. Augustine other than Confessions (already own it)
9. The new Nick Hornby/David Sedaris
10. The Simarillion
11. the Dig! DVD (special edition would be nice, not necessary)
12. Cash: The Man, His World, His Music special edition DVD
13. T. Rex Electric Warrior
14. An Ipod that doesn't freeze whenever I try to charge it
15. a gift certificate to trader joe's (perferrably a million dollars)
16. A guitar (this would be from the Beach Boy Uncle - he mentioned it once, I am not holding my breath)
17. The Bible as read by Johnny Cash on CD
18. Dinner and a movie with Jason Schwartzman
19. A pint of cider from the Cat and Fiddle
20. any product made by aveda
21. beads and big clunky necklaces (any accessories, really)
22. A disneyland pass
23. Cute boy short underwear
24. anything vintage. anything. books, jewelry, dishes, ash trays, toasters, etc.

ok. that was hard to do. and it was really self indulgent.
so thanks for bearing with me.
this was for me, not for you.
it's more of a comprehensive list of what to buy when I start rolling in the dough. which is not any time soon.

adieu.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I get my sign-ins to Disneyland soon, so there's one.

lindsay anne said...

oh man brendan! that makes my week!

ms. tea said...

and i still have my employee pass so i can go with you sometime!

speaking of self indulgence, i just created a wishlist on half.com (hey my birthdays only a month and a half away!) it was really fun to find the rare dvds and box sets that i hope to own someday, just having them on a list makes me feel a little bit closer to owning them