Monday, April 17, 2006

not the Easter I expected.

This is the first year I spent Easter without my family.
It was also (notably) my first Easter without an Easter Basket.
I sort of expected Easter to be a bust this year.

For starters, I dropped Jamie (if you don't know who Jamie is, then you must not have seen or heard from me in the last month) off at the airport at 9:25 am. Not the most pleasant way to start my Easter holiday (to put it lightly). I am no good with these things.

Then, I got to church a half an hour late. And I was by myself. On easter.
But Kristin (thank the Lord for Kristin) saved me a seat. And the sermon was incredible. And there were free scones and juice boxes! And I went to Kristin and Amanda's for Easter lunch and was surrounded by good friends and I ate a LOT of good food. And I drank alcohol (yup, I can again!) -- but not too much. :) And Dan from Sherwood came over and we watched Space Ghost on You Tube (and David Hasselhoff videos) and we played cards and had a delightfully relaxing holiday.

And even though I was physically and emotionally exhausted, when I finally went to bed (2 am), I fell into a deep and peaceful sleep. I haven't slept that well in weeks.

To mimic my mom's blog/chipper text message -- "He is Risen, Indeed!".
Its true, He has risen.
So simple (and so true).

1 comment:

Matt Pool said...

i got your message last night. i will call you today. not right now because it is too early and i don't want to disturb your beauty slumber. -a