Wednesday, July 13, 2005

deflector shields: ON

Erica's birthday party. July 12. Beauty Bar. Hollywood.

We had an intimate crowd; just a few friends having a few drinks to celebrate a few years.

Two foreign guys at the bar: COUGARS. On the prowl, for sure. Linda and her blonde locks catch their eye - and Sam the German hones in on the kill. I watch, amused, as my best friend reacts and plays into the game nicely (bravo). She has a Vodka and Red Bull in her hand wihtin minutes.

I, on the other hand, get Sam's sloppy seconds. As soon as Linda finds out that Sam's [rather attractive] friend, Sasha, is Croatian - he gets pointed in my direction. After all, I have been to Croatia. And I loved it. So, Sasha and I entered into a pleasant conversation about Croatia, and his new home Switzerland, and we talked about London and that Sasha has never been to New York or Boston and I told him he must go.

After 15 minutes or so of this sort of conversation, Sasha and I were done. There was simply nothing left to talk about. We were beating that dead horse until he was deader than dead.

Sasha never bought me a drink. he didn't get my number (phew). and he looked quite relieved when I hardly even euro-kissed him goodbye.

I found out that Linda fared the same way. Sam was a bust. Two club-goer europeans who were looking for an easy catch. We tried to get out with a "See you later" but it wasn't that easy. Linda got bought the drink, so she gave the obligatory number. We will just see if Sam calls her. I doubt it. I think they got the message loud and clear: frankly, we weren't going to put out.

So, happy birthday erica. Here's to sleazy (cheap) europeans. I have yet to get bought a drink from a stranger, and I take pride in that. My deflector shields are on in full force.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

it a easy being sleazy

Anonymous said...

ain't goes in there somewhere

Anonymous said...

linds i think your jelous about this whole drink bisnack... i'll buy you one.. yourrrr grrrreat!

lindsay anne said...

who is tony and are you really going to buy me a drink? it's all I really wanted.

Linna said...

ummm..... doesn't the "jelous" give Tony's identity away? come on who is the best speller we know!!!!

Anonymous said...

What is worse then never being bought a drink by a stranger? Being "accidentally" bought a drink by a stranger.
(The bartender brought me a drink, but then came back and told me it was actually supposed to go to the girl sitting next to me. Apparently the bartender had gotten the wrong person. Ouch.)

Anonymous said...

you have been cursed to never successfully euro kiss. i guess some strannigans got it, and some dont.

lindsay anne said...

finally! danielle leaves a comment on my blog! I've been waiting patiently for this moment. I know it was you, yellie.

Anonymous said...

tony is a tiger he need not know how to spell!

ms. tea said...

aw i wish i could have gone! i love trashy europeans