Sunday, July 24, 2005

mother hen syndrome.

well kids. its been a few since I've been at the wheel of the ole blog.

the new job is great. I've been there four days and already the people there feel like family. I have a lot of responsibility and a lot to learn (I won't be emailing/blogging during work hours till I get the whole system under control), but that's the way I like to do things > stress is my life blood.

My official title is "Products Manager" for Playback Entertainment. Essentially, I am the Mother Hen for Playback Ent and Sidecho Records. Playback Ent is a distro/consutlting company that does distribution for 7 record labels. My job is to make sure that all the records for those labels are on display and being carried in stores across the country. I also deal with distro to Japan...all that good stuff. I have 5 people that report directly to me and will ask Mama Strannigan every day what they are to do that day.

So, I gotta figure out what the heck I'm doing by Monday because I gotta tell these kids what to do. Its a little bit stressful. Like I said, I thrive on this sort of thing.

Jenny's (the girl I am replacing) last day was Friday. I am officially on my own. We will see how that goes. Bring it on. I will sneak the blogs in as often as I can.

3 comments:

nina said...

that is so awesome. lindsay, i am so proud of you!!!

Linna said...

i dont know if your will go and check down below but I really want you to interview me.

lindsay anne said...

ok. I will interview you. post the answers on your blog.

1. To go with Jeremy's thought from yesterday...If you could morph yourself into the perfect woman -- who would you combine? The body of whome? The personality/charisma or whom?

2. If you could have any band at any time write a song about you -- who would it be? What would the song be about? Title of the song?

3. If post audio receptionists were to have a motto/catch phrase - what would it be?

4. You're asked to Guest Star on Arrested Development for its 3rd season. Describe your character (name, age, relation to whom, and what you're quirky subplot is)

5. What type of cheese best describes you and your personality? (I mean, we've got tons to choose from.)