Monday, July 25, 2005

Invisible Children






http://www.invisiblechildren.com

I just watched this documentary. It was made by three guys our age who knew nothing about Africa and went with no organization or corporate sponsorship. Now they are raising millions of dollars to provide shelter for the 'invisible children' of uganda - children that escaped from their abduction into the rebel army and now fear for their lives.

if you would like, i will lend my copy to you.

and, rumor has it that a large group of people are going to Uganda to work with the invisible children on December 16. That is the same day as the Sidecho/Playback company cruise. I could get wasted for three days or go to Africa.

I really hope I can go to Africa.

6 comments:

Do you remember when I said...

I didn't know that this was the documentary that you watched today. I heard about this documentary about a year ago and really wanted to see it. I'll borrow it. If you don't go on the cruise... I will.

ms. tea said...

what a fantastic excuse to get you out of the cruise

Linna said...

this was amazing, inspiring, cut throat humbling. watch it please....it is something we ALL need to see and be a part of...I AM NOT JOKING.

Linna said...

i want to go to my motherland too.

Sycz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sycz said...

I yearn to go Africa. If you can, go. When else could you go?