Monday, July 18, 2005

welcome to tired

today is my last day in the free world.
tomorrow I join the ranks of Americans with 9-5 work schedules.

considering the whirlwhind weekend I had, I thought it best to take it easy today. and by take it easy, I mean: drive from San Fran at 5:30 this morning, drop Linda off at work, come home, throw some lunch together, take the newlyweds to the airport and El Pollo Loco, go grocery shopping, wrap Josie's birthday present, upload wedding pics to my computer, and watch an episode of Freaks and Geeks. I almost drove to Santa Monica to meet Erik for an hour but thought better of it and took a nap on the couch and drooled a little bit. and now we are all going out for Josie's birthday dinner at the Red Lion. But Josie has seemed to dissappear into thin air, so we will see how that all works out.

Needless to say, I am tired through and through.
My nap did me no good. In fact, I now feel groggy and dysfunctional.

BUT...I did get to go grocery shopping in a 2005 Subaru Forrester with a gigantic "JUST MARRIED" sign on the back of it, so that was entertaining. If anyone wants to go cruisin for dudes in the Just Married mobile...just let me know. I hear that's hot these days.

1 comment:

ms. tea said...

so...how was the first day at work? welcome to the 9-5!