Monday, June 13, 2005

Beach Day

Today I was "that mom".

It was Beach Day. The day the kids were all supposed to wear their swim suits under their clothes and bring a beach towel and they were going to play in the sprinklers, water balloons, etc.

I thought Beach Day was tomorrow. But, no. It was definitely today. So Taylor was in jeans and a T shirt. Aparrently she was the only kid without a bathing suit and towel.

Needless to say, I feel like a chump.
But, at least I am an 'emergency mom' so they can't frown upon me too much. right?

4 comments:

Linna said...

no worries my mom always forgot beach day....i will probably be the same way.

lindsay anne said...

at least she's not a syrup-faced kid, huh? :)

ms. tea said...

at first i was very confused as to why and how beach day involved sprinklers and water balloons, then i realized that it didnt actually involve going to the beach (dont you just call it the coast up there). damn me and my californocentric assumptions.

Anonymous said...

I was confused at first too...there's no fun stuff like that yet with just a 6 month old :)...my mom was totally that mom too though...I have already made a pact with Hayden not to do that to her.