Tuesday, June 21, 2005

it's been a long day

its been a long month, actually.
and today's the day. its finally here. I am coming home!

I've learned a few things along the way. Mostly that I am not ready to be a mother. no sir. and that six year olds aren't very good at painting nails or picking up after themselves or sleeping through an entire night.

I learned that mom's drink Diet Coke and eat Lean Cuisines because kids eat junk food non-stop and it takes every bone in your body not to jump in and eat every last Honey BBQ Frito.

I learned that kids are resilient little creatures and somehow God gives them the strength to get through things that most adults would crumble at.

I learned that blue nail polish does not come out of the carpet.

And, as much as I hate to say it, the McDonald's playplace is a wonderful free hour of babysitting.

Well, kids, this has been strange. "Mama Strannigan" will be put on the back burner for a little while. I'm ready to be party death queen and Hosty and all that good stuff for a little while. I can't wait to see you all!

1 comment:

ms. tea said...

yay! welcome home